We were incredibly busy last year, as well as launching our new look we also created and launched our brand new Body Wash, completing the exfoliate, wash and moisturise regimen! We thought it was time to dive deeper into this new product and answer all your questions
Who’s it for?
It contains no nasties, just like the rest of our product range, making it suitable for many different skin types
🧡 Sensitive skin
🧡 Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea
🧡 Dry Skin
🧡 Safe for Children
Why is it lather free?
Our OROMA Body Wash is unlike traditional Body Washes, all of our products have no nasties and this means they are sulphate free, this is no exception with our OROMA Body Wash.
Sulphates are chemical based ingredients which are often used in products to make sure that the formula foams and lathers. Ultimately it leaves you feeling like your skin is soft and clean. However, they can do more harm than good with daily use showing that the skin is dried out and more irritated, stripping the skin of natural oils. This is the exact opposite of what you want if you have a skin condition such as eczema, psoriasis or even dry skin.
There are benefits of going for a formula that is lather free:
When the skin is stripped of its natural oils it is more prone to inflammation and itchiness. If you have eczema or dermatitis this may be exacerbated by sulphate containing formulas. Our OROMA Body Wash contains all natural ingredients meaning you can still get soft and clean skin without it being left dried out and irritated.
Those that choose to go without sulphates benefit those with sensitive skin or body acne. Sulphates can make skin more oily as when the skin is stripped of natural oils it tries to compensate for this loss by producing more. Sulphate free formulas help ensure your skin’s natural pH balance (which should be between 4.7 and 5.7) lowers the likelihood of breakouts.
Better for the environment
Sulphates are chemicals that are bad for your skin, just think how bad they are for our environment. These chemicals end up down the drain and can cause harm to aquatic animals. Products that contain sulphates are often tested on animals to measure the level of irritation and for us cruelty free products are incredibly important and not something we are willing to compromise on!
Using sulfates doesn’t fit our ethos and the commitment we have made to not just our environment but those that also inhabit it. We are dedicated to using sustainable ingredients that are cruelty free and vegan.
How do I use it?
We recommend pumping a small amount of our Body Wash into your hands, gently rubbing it between your hands before applying gently and massaging in soft circular motions. Follow up with your favourite Body Food for maximum hydration
Why these ingredients?
Whenever we formulate a new product we intensively research many ingredients, finding those with impressive properties that can help those with skin conditions and benefit those that just want to maintain their skin as nature intended.
- Antibacterial and antibiotic properties means it helps fight bacteria and prevent infection
- Amazing for oily skin, unclogging pores and balancing sebum levels
- Contains antioxidants which help reduce damage from free radicals, which can damage skin and lead to premature ageing
- Rich in iron, magnesium and fibre promotes healthy skin and skin elasticity
- Contains Vitamin K which is anti-inflammatory and great for managing eczema & dry skin
- Helps reduce pigmentation, which can be caused through UV exposure or from a skin condition such as Vitiligo
- Anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties means it helps prevent infection, fantastic for dermatitis and eczema
- Ceramide content, a type of fatty acid that helps moisture retention, benefits those with dry skin, eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis as ceramide levels are usually lower
- It facilitates skin cell regeneration, which helps wound healing and reducing scarring
- Helps tighten skin, perfect for anti-ageing
- Containing antibacterial and antioxidant properties, it helps fight bacteria which benefits acne prone skin
- Anti-inflammatory properties means it reduces irritation and itchiness, helping calm stressed out skin
Liquid Shea Butter
- Shea Butter has been found to help many skin conditions due to the healing properties this ingredient contains
- It reduces inflammation, itchiness and irritation which is important for those with eczema or dermatitis
- It is one of the very few ingredients that is a Humectant, Emollient and Occlusive, which means that it attracts moisture into the skin's cellular level and seals it in, leaving skin soft and smooth
- Contains beta-carotene which has antioxidant properties to improve the appearance of skin
- Rich in Vitamin C and citric acid content, it aids exfoliation, brightens skin and evens skin tone
- Skin firming it moisturises and softens skin whilst stimulating collagen production
- Anti-inflammatory, it reduces irritation and inflammation, which helps calm stressed or irritated skin perfect for those with eczema
- Antiseptic properties, it fights bacteria and helps heal wounds, making it good for those with eczema, dermatitis and acne
- Calming, reducing tension and anxiety, this incredible ingredient is a natural mood booster
We are committed to helping nourish, hydrate and cleanse your skin using all natural ingredients that don’t harm the planet or those that also inhabit it.
A fellow Triber